Alternators for a TDi in Australia

Has anyone found a reasonably price solution to replacing an alternator. The after market one was unreasonably price and I still get the erratic taco operation. They won't consider warranty as it is charging the battery, couldn't care less about the taco!

Cheers

Mike

Reply to
Michael Carson

What aftermarket replacement did you use?

I replaced mine just before Xmas with a genuine replacement - I didnt have time to source replacement diodes but will now in order to repair it just in case.

There must be a simple solution to the tacho problem. It is merely a direct connection to one winding on the stator.

Ron Beckett Emu Plains, Australia

1995 P38A Range Rover HSE 4.6 Litre V8

Reply to
The Becketts