Disco Jacking

Is it ok to HiLift Jack the front or rear of a disco1 using the standar bumpers? Are they strong enough for this? I often wonder, if i get stuck, where i actually put the hilift jack. I guess putting under the standard sill wouldnt work.

Any advice? I know u can get straps that go around wheels but what if i need to change a wheel? What part of the disco do i use?

Thanx

Jason Hall

Reply to
Jason Hall

Jason,

You should not use a hi-lift on the normal bumpers. You should not use a hi-lift on it's own to change a wheel either. It's harder work, you have to get the vehicle *much* higher in the air to lift the wheel and the risk of it slipping is much higher. The lowly bottle jack is still the best tool for the job in this case :-)

When using the sills/bumpers on mine

you get nearly to the top of the jack before the wheels eventually get dragged into the air....bloomin suspension :-)

Reply to
Neil Brownlee