Any see top gear ??

I found it very amusing when Clarkson got the BMW X3 '4X4' stuck in the shallowest of tyre tracks (not his fault I guess) , then couldnt open the doors for the ground at either side !! They should have left him there !! As for the X3 who would buy one of those with the X5 only £4k more ?? Highly entertaining tv all the same !!!

Reply to
Max Wilkinson

But surely you would only want an X5 for the school run where 'little Johnny' cant walk the 200 yds and you need to be 'seen' with your personal X5 no. plate????.Oh, and it has to be black with tints too!

Ever seen an X5 with a hint of mud on the bodywork????

AlunP

Reply to
Alun P

It would be interesting to see what difference driver skill might make...

But it does look as though it was mostly the limits of the vehicle.

Reply to
David G. Bell

Yep.

Just after being overtaken by my Disco which hit a puddle and washed half of Cannock Chase off the chassis rails and straight onto the X5.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

I'm just making sure that his car is empowered to be the best it can be :@)

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

Watch he does'nt sue you for violating his civil liberties :-))

Reply to
Hirsty's

What was slightly scary about that sequence was that they seemed to be trying a KER recovery with a nylon towrope on a standard towing eye with the Rangie.

I might have been mistaken, but it looked like it was driving off on 4-5' of slack at a decent pace.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

In message , David G. Bell writes

Didn't see it. What tyres did it have on?

Reply to
hugh

It warmed the cockles of my heart when after Clarkson's somewhat sarcastic revue of the BMW X3 we were returned to the studio where he had a rather nice looking Defender, which he referred to as being far more able (off road) and (aesthetically) much cooler than BMW's pretender.

What a fine fellow he must be ;-)

Reply to
Moving Vision

Should have got a mini moke :)