Bowler WildCat tyre and rim combinations.

Does anyone know what tyre and rim combinations are available for the Bowler WildCat?

For example the Discovery series II is available with

215/75 R16 7J 235/70 R16 7J 255/65 R16 8j 255/55 R16 8J

as placarded on an Australian spec vehicle.

Thanks for your time.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Wise

On or around 17 Aug 2004 21:57:52 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@chw.net.au (Tim Wise) enlightened us thusly:

dunno, offhand, but I'd suspect almost anything you want :-)

Bowlers are made to order, near enough, aren't they? I assume they use standard LR axles, (pre disco-II/RR P38) which are all the same pitch circle.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

In article , Tim Wise writes

Err, why not ask Bowler?

hugh

I did and haven't received a response. They could be busy or our mail system's spam filter "ate" the reply.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Wise

I suspect this may be the case but I'm assuming that they are road registered for some competitions and must have some combos that are standard specs.

According to Page 70 or LRW June 2004 "WildCat uses Discovery II axles with standard D2 brakes."

Again on page 76 "WildCat uses Discovery II axle casings, though again Bowler has Land Rover treat the shafts to toughen them up."

The standard axle housing must be pretty tough to survive racing use, although I assume the WildCat is much lighter than the Average DII.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Wise

On or around 19 Aug 2004 19:26:40 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@chw.net.au (Tim Wise) enlightened us thusly:

OK, I sit corrected. They must have started with RR/90/110/disco I axles though, since the disco II wasn't made when Bowler started.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I'm not familar with their earlier models but didn't they have one known as the TomCat which is now produced by TomCat MotorSport?

This probaly runs the RR/90/110/Disco I axles which would be much cheaper and more readily available. The article didn't say but I suspect Land Rover supplies new D2 axles assemblies for the WildCat, you'd have to wonder for how much longer now the D3 is out. They might swap to Defender axles once the stockpile runs out.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Wise