building luggage space in Defender - how to ?

Hi all ! Our new Defender( ordered oct 03 ) is due this week : hooray ! It is a Hard Top, with sliding side windows , so all luggage will be glaringly visible. I'm planning to build a plywood or metal cover, fixed to the kind of "sill" running round the loading area - has anybody got brilliant ideas ? The horizontal cover should be stiffened/supported somewhere , somehow ? What about openings, hinged or sliding lids and/or subdivisions inside that quite huge box ? What kind of material and attachment to the sides of the wagon would make sense ? (The dealer recommended to glue some heavy rubber to the wheel boxes inside the vehicle to reduce noise , especially from grit projections - sounds good , but shouldn't that be done outside , or both out-and inside ? )

If anybody would have done something like that ( on the web I saw a guy who'd done a nice looking "sleeping platform" for his Def 90 , but can't trace it ) please let me know ; many THANKS in advance ! Heinz

Reply to
heinz