Catless Disco's

I read with great interest again, that some people remove their cat from their Disco's and say the result is significantly better. When I tried this with mine about two years ago, the result was very poor. Its a 300 that used to have egr, however it has been removed - so this shouldnt affect performance. Can anyone tell me why mine struggled to achieve 50 mph with no cat in?

Also, I have googled to death trying to find the detailed instructions on using a dial test indicator at the back of the pump, to fine tune it. Does anyone have a copy or know the url to one please?

Many thanks in advance

Alistair

I didnt think that the cat would affect the MPG that you get from the car? The cat restricts the exhaust gas flow (while it does its business). removing it. and making your exhaust flow better should make the car slightly nippier, but i dont see how it will help your fuel economy.

All the cars that i have changed the exhaust on get less MPG after as the sound nicer and i thrash em more ;)

Reply to
Tom Woods