Disco. Aux Fuel tank ?

I'm currently looking at various veg. oil conversions for my aging '98 Disco but would rather find a way of putting an auxiliary fuel tank somewhere other than a a big plastic jerry-can in the boot as all available boot space is required when loading the old beast up with gym kit or rubble bags.

I would be looking at something in the region of 25 to 30 litres for the diesel supply for starting from cold and flushing veg. oil at end of journey.

Does such a tank exist? I know sill tanks are popular for LPG but is there such a thing for diesel?

Any thoughts or ideas that would enable me to mount a tank outside/under rather than inside?

Cheers Pete

--

gymratz

"Pete @

" wrote in message news:f3d6r7$moa$ snipped-for-privacy@registered.motzarella.org...

I wonder if it is feasable to mount a small tank on the inner wing thus getting the benefit of the under bonnet heat and close enough to run a hot water pipe through ( not at all like

but a nice picture nontheless )Derek

Reply to
Derek

Now that's a good idea Derek. Space permitting. Wouldn't need any heating though as I'd be putting veg. oil in main tank and using auxiliary one for diesel.

( not at all like

> but a nice picture nontheless ) I think those tanks would need some serious uprating of the suspension.

:¬)

Reply to
gymratz

In South Africa, quitre a few companies did long range tanks for Disco's. They mounted them inside the rear wing. As they were an extension, they would cut the fuel filler pipe to the tank, and effectively fill the main tank through the auxillary.

Just re-read yourt post again, and see you want a veg oil tank, but you could do the same thing on the left hand wing. You'd need to fabricate a shape that goes up inside the left rear wing, and then at the bottom, it can spread out a bit up to the chassis members.

The SA auxillary tanks were actually done in stainless steel. I was tempted to have them fitted, but they were quite pricey. I would have welcomed them in the worst of our fuel shortages here in Zimbabwe, but now, I would struggle to find the money to fill up with 120 litres!

Cheers! Graham Carter. Harare Zimbabwe

Reply to
Graham Carter

Thanks Graham.

Looks like it would have to be a custom made job then which might be a bit more than the project warrants.

I guess I could do the tank in the boot thing and see how it goes.

Cheers Pete

--

- Gym Equipment & Fitness Equipment UK

Reply to