Disco brake light?

Hi....

1997 Disco...

Dumb question, but I'm alone and need to fix a rear brake light by the simple method of changing the bulb.

But....I forgot which of the bulbs in the cluster it is....top red one or bottom red one (I'm in the U.S., so there are sandwiched between the yellow turn signal and the backup)....

Thanks for your help!!

Happy Holidays!

John

Reply to
John Arnold

Back up to a wall with a window in and put your brakes on. You'll soon see where the dead bulb is.

Reply to
Rich B

Just turn all the lights on including flashers and go for the one that's not lit, assuming you know which side is the problem?

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Fuck, are you tyring to iill innocent children here, the blokes a Yank & you didn't tell him to stop before he hit the window.

Reply to
Nige

I deliberately left that bit out. Darwin and all that :-)

Reply to
Rich B

Wedge a piece of wood between the brake pedal and the front of the seat with the ignition turned on, no need to start the engine, then just go round the back to see which one of which pair is not illuminated.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

I normally use my tool box.. it fits just nice.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

A garage door will do the same job if you get close enough.

Failing that he could just ask somone. :¬)

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

I think the best way is to pour petrol on the bonnet & flick lit matches at it.

Reply to
Nige

Thanks.....

Yes, knew about the back-up trick...that's how I checked it in the first place (office building window....you'll appreciate a reflective surface, of course....doesn't work well on brick, LOL)...

Finally found a piece of wood long-enough (a toilet plunger handle with a large bath towel wrap)...

Living far from civilization, I was just trying to find a faster way...

Thanks...

Oh, by the way, for anyone ever searching these posts....it's the TOP bulb. Also, be patient with the re-insertion...Land Rover's design has the sealing rubber fold over the light-well socket...best may be for you to use a screw driver or what to hold up the sealing-rubber.

Cheers, John

Reply to
John Arnold