replacing light bulbs

Subject vehicle: 1992 ES300

I'm in the middle of getting that "light bulb burned out someplace" indicator on my instrument panel turned off.

I finally took the time and effort to replace the left front turn signal. Not exactly trivial. But done.

The indicator is still on. So looking around I see the the center brake light (the one in the rear window) has only one of two bulbs working.

So how do you get at the bulbs without breaking the cover?

The only other bulbs that don't work are (at least one, maybe more) behind the (analog) instrument cluster itself, and I don't know how to get to them. It looks like it could be a lot of work, being near the speedometer and tach, and all. I *would* like to get them fixed, but I'm not about to pay Lexus or anyone else to do it. But I don't think they would trigger the indicator anyway, would they?

Thoughts? Help?

Thanks.

Reply to
RR

This is Turtle.

looking to get to the brake light in back window of the car. Get in the trunk and look up. You will see a access panel.

Replace all lites and if problem persist , Disconnect the battery from the leads for 2 minutes and then reconnect them. It will reset the alarm settings to a point back when you bought it. If this don't work Take 2 Prozac pills and Call the Lexus dealership or your Auto repair place and put it on a computor. The Lexus place here will give you a read out on the conputor for $55.00 and you fix.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

Thanks! But I can't even afford a Prozac pill much less a Lexus dealer... :-(

Reply to
RR