Fairey O/D lever, which way to engage/disengage?

Having managed to get all four wheels and rear prop to spin on my 109 and asking a friend some braindead questions on the operation of the transfer levers (so long since I drove it I'd forgotten), now it's the turn of the o/d:

I seem to recall the o/d is disengaged when the lever is forward, and engaged by pulling it back, is this the right way round?

Reply to
John Halliwell

On my LR it's the other way round and from faint markings still left on the knob looks as if should be this way.

Jim...

Reply to
James Hooper

Mine is forwards for engaged and back for disengaged, I presume all failerys are the same.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Mine too - forward for engaged and back for disengaged.

Reply to
Graeme

In article , Alex writes

Thanks for all the posts. Yes I'd assume all work the same way, looks like I was wrong then, thanks again.

Reply to
John Halliwell