For those who like a few more wheels than usual

Interesting site, covers 6 or more wheeled vehicles, from formula 1 cars to all sorts of weird s**te, shame it's in french but no-one's perfect! There's a lot of very odd machines on this site. Generally no detail on the machines, just lots of pictures of bonkers trucks.

Ian Rawlings

Ah.....a nice Land Rover fix ... and not on alt.fan.landrover :-) Cheers Ian!

Nice 6x6 P38a .....

/me wonders if you can do that with the L322......

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

Some nice aussie 6x6 shots too, I assume it's the perentie or whatever it's called. about three quarters of the way down the following;

Ian Rawlings

I love the one that looks like a Scamp, but with a Jag V12!!!

Reply to
John Moppett

On or around Thu, 09 Nov 2006 16:39:19 +0000, John Moppett enlightened us thusly:

I was amused by the 6x6 jeep. Interesting the way the suspension was done, too - normal-looking leaf spring (though it might've been stronger) fixed in the middle with an axle on each end.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Yes interesting but nothing new, that type of rear suspension is used in most twin rear axle trucks on our roads, like 6 wheel tippers and cement trucks, also my ex American army truck built in the 1940's is just the same allows for massive axle articulation. Generally the springs also act to stop the axles tramping sideways and there are tie bars to stop the axles rolling and moving backwards and forwards. Could take some pics if anyone is interested ! Rich

Reply to
Rich

Did you ever see the 3 wheel motorcycles ( all in a line - 2 driving wheels and more) on the Rachau Hillclimb worth a look those lads are a shrimp or two short of a barby

pity I couldnt find any videos

Derek

Reply to
Derek

On or around Thu, 09 Nov 2006 22:07:01 GMT, "Derek" enlightened us thusly:

76 and 77 look a wild beast.

Mind, looking at the rest of the site, the photographer seems more keen on pictures of the female form.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Five wheels is enough for me, four on the corners one on the bonnet :)

Reply to
Larry

Naw, you need a few spares! You need at least 3 to move, so I could afford 4 punctures before being immobilised ;-)

Reply to
Ian Rawlings