Tyre sizes

Sis-in-law wants to buy me a spare wheel cover for Christmas but we are having trouble as the 90 is fitted with unusual tyres... 31x10.50R15 which nobody quotes for. Anyone know where we can get a (plain or LR logo) cover to fit?

Reply to
Bob Hobden

I got one in that size from a company that advertises wheel covers on ebay, there are many that advertise there. Try the following usernames:- haywoodproducts autocovers2006 signs_n_graphics_etc

Badger.

Reply to
Badger

Brian wrote in reply to

Thanks for that, .. Heywood Products look good..

But I can't find autocovers2006 either on e'bay or the web.

I love them but wonder if one of the signs_&_graphics printed ones would stay on the vehicle for long as I don't run a business and wouldn't want to advertise someone elses, so something non specific like "Warning! Flying mud" or "Here's mud in your eye" might tempt the villians.

So what is the equivalent "normal" size for my 31X10.5 R15 ? Only I've not seen anything remotely like that size on the web.

Reply to
Bob Hobden

Item number 130044023455 will take you to them. Badger.

Reply to
Badger

Brian wrote

Thanks again, however they only use Paypal and I don't use them, cancelled my account because of fears about security amongst other things. Looks like a Haywood Products cover then. :-) I'll phone them tomorrow.

Reply to
Bob Hobden
31x10.50x15 is very close to the overall diameter and width of a 265/75/16 tyre (31.5" diameter). these were an optional extra from landrover on alloys for 90 and 110's. Therefore the landrover wheel covers SHOULD fit ok.
Reply to
nickc

Wheel cover for my 31-10.5's won't go over a 265/75, there's almost an inch in difference. As I said already, most 31's actually measure at 30.2 or thereabouts, for some strange reason. my 265/75's measure at 31 1/4". Probably be ok putting a 265 cover onto a 31 though, but it might be a bit of a loose fit. Badger.

Reply to
Badger