glow plugs

Hi I have just bought a LR90T 1988, it requires a lot of turning to get started and i suspect the glow plugs are worn out i have checked out a few places and prices vary wildly from about 4 quid each to 22 quid from a main dealer has anyone got any suggestions or brands to choose? is the main dealer taking the michael!!

Reply to
gatsy

I got some from ebay recently, pattern ones but seemed well made, don't remember the price but my bid was below the paddocks pattern price.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
MVP

Yer pays yer money .......... blah blah blah. Found the same thing, Champion plugs megabucks and the others cheap. Someone told me that my 300 Tdi does'nt really need them unless it is very cold as it is Direct Injection ???

Reply to
Hirsty's

Recently fitted Bosch to my 90. £8.50 each. Starting was transformed. Until my recent starter motor problems anyway :-(

Regards

Richard

Reply to
Richard

On or around 9 Mar 2005 11:06:27 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@virgin.net (gatsy) enlightened us thusly:

"Beamends" Richard will be along in a moment, he seems competitive.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I would suggest getting good name brand plugs. I am told that the tips of the cheapies tend to break off and then rattle around in your combustion chamber. Not worth a few pounds saving IMHO.

Cheers Stephen

Reply to
fanie

Here I am! £3.52 inc VAT each. Never had any problems with this make.

Cheers Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

you just succeded in scaring the crap outa me...

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
MVP

Thanks very much will buy based in this info.

Reply to
gatsy