Gold discovered in India

In case no-one's seen it;

Some rare machines being used as everyday transport it seems. Quote;

The north-eastern Indian hill area of Darjeeling is renowned throughout the world for the quality of its tea.

But now Darjeeling is being noted for the quality of another of its enduring assets: a collection of Land Rovers driven by locals for the last 50 years.

Many of the vehicles have been used and abused for the last half-century without locals being aware of their value in the West.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

worth how much ?? $38,000 ?? I doubt very much that reporter has been smoking aromatic tea I would suggest an aromatic something else Derek

Reply to
Derek

On Tue, 8 Aug 2006 16:41:12 +0100, Ian Rawlings wrote (in article ):

I've just read this and it occurred to me that if you replace the references to Darjeeling with 'around Buxton', it would still be pretty accurate! Particularly the reference to 'knife and fork mechanics".

Nick.

Reply to
Nick Williams

You've met 'spanners' then? Derek

Reply to
Derek

Pah. We still have Series 0 vehicles in Norfolk.... TonyB

Reply to
TonyB