Help-condenser fans stay running when car is off on 95 Disco even with cold engine.

Dear AB,

I have a 1995 Land rover Discovery 1.

The problem is that the two large condenser fans in front of the radiator stay running for 4-5 minutes after I shut off the engine.

I understand that these fans should be running when the AC is on.

I also understand that if the AC is of these fans are controlled by engine temperature.

I live in Wisconsin and it's December now. This happens even when the car is still cold or I've only run the car for 1-2 minutes.

My coolant temp gauge on the dash indicates normal as is always has.

My battery is getting drained , what could it be?

I was thinking coolant temperature sensor maybe?

Please Help to suggest how I can isolate this problem.

Gratefully,

Michael Hall

Reply to
MICHAEL H

Not exactly the answer you're looking for but ....

Do you have problems starting it when it's warm?

The fans on my 91 RR came on very quickly, even when the temp out side is cold!, I also used to have trouble starting the car when it was warm. I ended up replacing the temp sender for the ecu after getting advidce of this NG.

Now it will start when warm but the fans still switch on very quickly.

Reply to
Tom