injectors

Hi,

Are the injectors on a Disco 300tdi with mechanical injection pump the same as on late model/Japan version EDC'ed Discos ? Thanks !

Reply to
Hertriono Kartowisastro

According to the parts catalogue they are all different!!

Part Nos for Non EDC are

No1 STC 1694 No2 STC 1695 No3 STC 1696 No4 STC 1697

EDC Models

No1 STC 1698 No2 STC 1699 No3 STC 1700 No4 STC 1701

To my knowledge the No 4 on the EDC versions has a timing sensor fitted.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Seddon

Forget below just had a blonde moment, these are the numbers for the pipes!!!! None EDC

EER 3339

EDC

1 off EER 3337 3 off EER 3348

Peter.

Reply to
Peter Seddon

Thanks a million Peter ! I'm putting together a 300Tdi from a Japan-version Disco which came without the EDC and trying to mate it with a non-EDC injector pump that came out from a Defender. Do I have to change the injectors ?

Reply to
Hertriono Kartowisastro

Take a look at the No 4 injector, if it has an electrical connection to it or it looks bigger than 1 to 3, then yes you will need the injectors for the non EDC unit.

Reply to
Peter Seddon

Hi Peter,

I had a thorough look at the injectors and they all looked physically the same(no electrical conn.on #4).The engine came intact from a Japanese Disco wreck(extremely low milage), complete with the electroniccally controlled injection pump but unfortunately without the EDC and all the wiring being snip-cut. The Defender manual injection pump has different nipples(short threaded pipe between pump and pipes to the injectors)to the ones on the original EDC pump, so I exchanged them thinking they might have different pressure and/or fuel quantity rating. My problem is really that it doesn't produce power. It starts easy, idles smoothly, revs easily under NO load. But as soon as I put it in gear/drive, it's lagging and doesn't accelerate and would take ages to come up to speed. Any idea ?

Reply to
Hertriono Kartowisastro

You got me stumped, if the Japanese engine was EDC I'd have expected to see No 4 injector with wires connected!!! The symptoms you describe sound like fuel starvation to me.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Seddon

Season Greetings ! I stand corrected Peter, the #4 injector is indeed wired and a bit longer than the other 3. I should have looked into them myself first before writing. Would you think if I changed them with the correct Defender injectors, it would resolve the problem ? Do the nipples(short on the Disco/longer on the Defender)have a big effect on fuel supply also ? Do you happen to know a economical source for the injectors and injection pump(used) ? Appreciate your time !

Reply to
Hertriono Kartowisastro