Key size for diff plugs (RRC)

Have lost the key for the drain and filler plugs for the diffs on my F plate RRC. The callipers suggest that the (square) plug has sides of a little under 13 mm. Sealey supply drain key sets, e.g. AK658, with

3/8", 8, 11, or 13mm square keys.

Does anyone know the actual size for the key? I suppose that I could grind the 13 mm Sealey key to fit.

Halfrauds don't sell anything even approximately the right size so I can't 'buy and try' from them.

TIA

Richard

Reply to
Richard

isnt it 1/2" (or about 12.5mm in metric) ?

On the series/101 i have always used a 1/2 extension with no socket on the end! Have got a small extension (its about 1 inch) that came from machine mart that i think i have used most.

--

The 101 Forward Control Club and Register

Reply to
Tom Woods

Richard a écrit :

Don't you just stick a 1/2in socket wrench in it from your socket set? Works for me!

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

If it's a little under 13mm then it will be 1/2" and will take a

1/2inch drive directly - just plug a 1/2" extention into it.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Thanks to all who pointed out the obvious (but not to me!) point.

I'll give it a go.

Richard

Reply to
Richard