LED Bulbs

I'm looking at getting some LED bulbs for the Land Rover. Some for the instruments and also front sidelights and stop/tail.

can anyone tell me the 'code' for the different bulbs?

I think the stop/tail is called 380? and the instrument panel lamps are 501? no idea about the front sidelights, odd sized bulb that.

and also if anyone has used LED bulbs, what it the widest head that will fit inside a land rover lens?

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

On or around Thu, 16 Dec 2004 17:08:19 +0000, Mr.Nice. enlightened us thusly:

The 19 or 24 -LED ones will fit the rear lamps, indicators or sidelamps.

12-LED white is plenty bright enough for sidelamps though.

for indicators, you'll either have to modify the flasher unit to take out the bulb-failure sensing or you'll have to fit load resistors.

sadly, the 30-led ones won't fit.

check out superbrightleds.com which is in america, the current exchange rate might make it cheaper than UK suppliers (!) I got mine from them, all 8 (2 white, 4 amber, 2 red) for about 62 bucks including postage by ordinary letter type post.

and scroll down a bit - the 24 one looks good, although the 19 red ones worked well enough in the LR type lamps. They don't look any good in disco lights, sadly. mebbe the 24 ones would... hmmm... BTW, mine were narrow-angle.

there is another possibility of course:

but they're 25 bucks apiece, so buying a whole set is a bit like serious money.

Reply to
Austin Shackles