Miracles do happen

Last week took my car 10 year old Peugeot 806 for its MOT and it passed first time.I was suited, first time this has happened for me in 20 years of
car ownership. Today Took my series 3 for its MOT and yes you guessed it passed first time its a miracle. Having done no preperation for the MOT's makes it even better.
And just to round of a good week there's a picture of my series 3 in LRW page 133 northern landrover run the one with the white bonnet going through the ford. Made my christmas!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Xmas all
Well chuffed and better off.... Adrian Ford
Add pictures here
✖
That's the sort of 'normal' story that makes me really smile!!!! I'm happy for you
Stew.
--

1990 LR Ninety 2.5D N/A (Jasmine) with bits on!
2002 Freelander Td4 ES (wifes)

Jammy git.
mind, I got away fairly lightly with the disco. turrets (nice galv ones from David "Llama") weld up the bit on the back door pillar where there was a big rusty hole (PITA) and replace the 2 front nearside brake pipes which were rusty at the ends. Oh and make the side light work which hasn't been working since I bought it in June.
MOT bloke was muttering darkly about LPG and how he never has an LPG one pass without faffing around. Quoth I: "it should do". Put it on the machine, emissions spot on where I tuned 'em to about 6 months ago :-)
Add pictures here
✖
Series 3 runs on lpg but took it for the MOT on petrol and he never asked to change it over to gas.Took my landrover to different garage than my car as i find it helps if the MOT inspector nows a bit about the vehicle type.
A few years ago I bought a Series 3 from a local landrover garage with 12 months MOT and it was a death trap.Split tyres, seat belt mountings fell off, chassis like a tea bag, brakes wouldn't stop a go-cart and so on...
Has anyone bought a car and they just write out a certificate there and then without inspecting the car?
Its all down to where you go i think..........
Adrian Ford
enlightened us thusly:

of
time
was
Add pictures here
✖
Am I missing something here, I thought that LPG was supposed to be cleaner than petrol.
--
şT

L'autisme c'est moi

"Space folds, and folded space bends, and bent folded space contracts and
✖
enlightened us thusly:

it can be, especially on older vehicles. and of course if it's properly set up.
however, you have the choice with a dual-fuel of how it's tested - present it running on gas and that's how it gets tested.
takes a very good engine with a very good gas system to beat a cat-equipped petrol engine on emissions, though.
--
Austin Shackles. www.ddol-las.fsnet.co.uk my opinions are just that
"There are three sorts of people in the world - those who can count,

present
Add pictures here
✖
On or around Fri, 17 Dec 2004 07:25:40 -0000, "Adrian Ford"

depends. It won't stop it burning oil. Something that's marginal on emissions can probably be tuned better on gas and thus be marginally the right side rather than the wrong side.
economy-wise, I reckon the 3.5V8 disco gets about the same in miles per quid as the 300TDi, especially by the time you tune the 300 TDi to get the same power.
3.9s seem to do a bit better, but mine ain't one.
--
Austin Shackles. www.ddol-las.fsnet.co.uk my opinions are just that
"Quos deus vult perdere, prius dementat" Euripedes, quoted in

ISTR that for some emissions, Diesels are better than Petrol. My as usual hazy memory is telling me that Diesels contribute less to global problems (global warming? Ozone layer?) than petrols, but contribute more to local issues (particulate poisoning). Can anyone fill in the gaping blanks?
If the sponge I call my memory is right, then diesels would surely be the better way to go because the localised pollution can be tackled by localised means, so engines in the UK don't affect people all over the world but just in the UK, i.e. the pollution is kept local.
--
For every expert, there is an equal but opposite expert

Add pictures here
✖