Need a trailer

Too bloody right.

Ooops.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Keeps life interesting though Steve - you never know which wife you're going to wake up next to.

Reply to
EMB

When it comes to Landrovers, split personaities, insane thoughts and like minded friends are compulsory.....to find these traits in a woman that is prepared to admit to them is extremely rare.

Unless 'Lizzy' is just 'Steve' in a dress and makeup.........? :)

Reply to
Brian

Or who's. Oops, again.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

After the unofficial Welsh meet several denizens of afl can vouch for us being separate entities. And neither of us was wearing a dress and/or makeup.

Lizzy

Reply to
Lizzy Taylor

....AND you don't need to dress up!! Bloody hell, next you'll be saying you like welding. (Don't eat unofficial Welsh meat)

Brian NZ

Reply to
Brian

Are the Welsh sheep still glowing in the dark from post-Chernobyl fallout?

Reply to
EMB

Cheap trailer: back end of an old 90/88 and a couple of bits of box section to make an A frame. With an unbraked standard coupling you'll be able to put about 400 Kg in it legally, and quite a bit more if your brakes are up to it. Take the diff out of the axle to save weight. Works for me, as they say. Gordon

Reply to
gbubb

On or around Thu, 10 Nov 2005 18:28:35 -0000, "Nige" enlightened us thusly:

hmmm. but are we talking "crappy sankey" or "decent sankey"?

I build 'em new, from new parts, normally. Obviously, they cost more than an old second-hand one, but I've seen some real dogs of second-hand trailers, which cost you as much again to get 'em into decent condition.

Such things as having a spare pair of LR wheels or suchlike reduce the cost, of course - new pair of wheels an tyres can easily cost you 100 quid.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Fri, 11 Nov 2005 13:50:21 +1300, EMB enlightened us thusly:

nah, not any more. 'twas quite a while ago. Mind, we did have some interesting birth and pregnancy problems about then (in the goats...)

Reply to
Austin Shackles

But of course I can weld - not very well, but then our 8 year old gets more practice than I do :-(

Lizzy

Reply to
LizzyTaylor

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 11:26:50 +1300, EMB scribbled the following nonsense:

My latest addition convinced her to stay :-(

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

For some reason kids seem good at learning to weld. As a joke one of the lads at work got my 10 year old boy to run some welds on a couple of test pieces and then sent them away for x-ray - and they passed.

Reply to
EMB

Your latest addition convinced mine to stay as well....

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

...and Brian spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

Nah, seen 'em both together in one place at the same time. Definitely two people. Bonkers, but definitely two people.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 19:11:41 +0000, Tim Hobbs scribbled the following nonsense:

new keyboard.......

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

....It's a hard road finding the perfect woman, but your man seems to have done the impossible. My only fear for him, is that if you have these excellent traits, you must have some nasty ones hidden away to balance things out!

I never thought to get my boys into welding....time to drag the Mig out and have a play.

Brian NZ

Reply to
Brian

I keep finding perfect women. Unfortunately some other bugger keeps finding them first :@)

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

Everyone, women and men have nasty traits - that's normal. Speaking as someone who also has a very capable bird who likes landies, I can say that Lizzy, like my own brand of woman known as a 'Charlotte', is quite acceptable and not likely to be traded in under any circumstances.

(I'm now going to go bathe my wounds and do the washing-up...)

Reply to
Mother

And the source of the quote is here.

ftp://203.173.160.251/speightsperfectgirl.asf

Reply to
EMB