OT - Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther)!

Just thought I'd warn anyone planning to install Panther onto their Mac:

It's FULL of silly little bugs!

It has taken me 12 hours to do a job that should have only taken 3 at most.

There are serious issues with Hermstedt WebShuttle DSL modems running through Demon also. You need to download the updated drivers from Hermstedt prior to loading Panther onto your system! You also need to download the 1st Apple 10.3.1 update as well otherwise nothing will work properly.

They don't tell you this anywhere, of course........

I ended up having to run the Internet access through my Powerbook (which thankfully I hadn't updated) in order to download said items. Even this wasn't without problems, as my updated iMac is refusing to connect to the Powerbook - I have had to connect the other way around!

I must have used every swear word in the book during the past 12 hours!

Reply to
Llandrovers