OVERDRIVE FLUID DIPSTICK??

Hmm a sticker on my dash says " please check overdrive fluid level on OD dipstick at least once a week." (or something similar)

Hmm, I lifted middle seat out but i cant find a dipstick anywhere..

How do i check the OD fluid level..

J Hall

Series 3 88 Deisel 1980

Reply to
Jason Hall

If my memory serves me, which is very unlikley.... there should be a threaded hex bolt on the top (right??) that you need to undo. There should be a dipstick attached to this. It is also where you add more oil to the unit. I will have to dig out my old manual, I have it on a CD somewhere...

Detrious

My overdrive is like this. The dipstick is stuck to the bottom of the bolt that you fill it through. Its at the top towards the back,

I've never been sure wether you were supposed to do the bolt up and check the level on the dipstick or if you are just supposed to hold it in place without doing it up to check the level. I keep mine somewhere inbetwwen the 2 points!

Reply to
Tom Woods

Assuming you have a fairy Over Drive, the manual says to check the oil level with the dip stick screwed fully in.

Alan C.

Reply to
cutlea01

I have found that manual, in gif format, if anyone wants it.

Detrious

I've emailed you. Would like a copy please!

Reply to
Tom Woods

Nice to know! I've been slightly overfilling mine then. I'm sure it cant hurt it too much though!

Reply to
Tom Woods