Range Rover classic remote playing up

Evenin' all. The Rangie obviously thinks that because I have been lavishing attention on it at the moment, that I really enjoy tinkering about with it, as it rewarded me today by locking me out. Bastard thing.

I've been having problems opening and shutting it with the remote on and off for a couple of months now but only now has it decided to play silly buggers for long periods of time. I suspect that it be the remote itself as when it starts working again it will work perfectly again and again.

Any ideas to isolate whether it is the vehicle itself or the remote??

Dave

Reply to
Dave R

sounds as though you have found the car that was made from the recycled herby the vw beetle.

as for your problem, remove the cover off of the remote and gently wigle the battery holder whilst trying to see if any of the soldered joints have come away.

Reply to
banjo

Hi,

Well as you happen to mention it, one join on the battery holder is very loose. I did try moving it around while trying to press the button but that didnt make it work either. Or is it something the otherside of the circuit board is playing up?? It decided to start working again but i don't trust it now and have to lock it with the key.

Have u had a similar problem? It's especially annoying as I have just finished the last of the other electrical jobs and this is the only thing that does not work now!

Thanks

Dave

Reply to
Dave R

yes dave, i had that happen to me on my 2002 16v astra, changed battery in the fob, no luck. moved around the bat holder and noticed that the joints were loose.

ordered a new fob from the main dealers, and never had a prblom since. the new fob was about £30 or there abouts.

Reply to
banjo