Range Rover Sills

I was under the Rangie the other day repairing the loom to the reversing light / difflock light (it got caught round the propshaft!!) and I saw some mud around the main outriggers where they meet the sills. Whilst digging the mud out I felt what I thought was cloth so I carried on digging around.

The upshot is that I found dusters stuffed into the front ends of the sills to block up a gap at the end of the sills. Are these sills really designed to be open ended or has some fly begger pulled a fast one in the past?

My plan is to give both sills a good clean out, waxoyl them, and seal up the ends to prevent more mud getting in.

As a final question, should a 1983 Range Rover have a handbrake warning light (that works) in the dash?

Reply to
Graeme Lornie

Cant help on the sills, but as for the warning light, YES, mine's on almost all the bloodly time!!

Reply to
TheGhostOfSmokeyJoe

Erm.........

What warning light's that then? It would help if you included the post you were replying to, then people might just have a clue what you are on about.

Reply to
SimonJ

Or you get a news reader / server with decent retention ;-) Some of us saw the original posting perfectly!

To put you out of your misery, the relevant bit of the original was "As a final question, should a 1983 Range Rover have a handbrake warning light (that works) in the dash?

Reply to
rads

Handbrake light, as per the previous post. Did it not thread right?

As a final question, should a 1983 Range Rover have a handbrake warning light (that works) in the dash?

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Thats better! it almost makes sense!

Please pity the poor unfortnates such as myself who use bt, and therefore only ever receive about 50% of the posts!

Reply to
SimonJ

go here

and register then get all if not mostposts

Reply to
Mike Jones Super Hero

On or around Wed, 7 Jan 2004 23:16:50 -0000, " Mike Jones Super Hero" enlightened us thusly:

aye. been using it for years.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Yes it is the brake light in the dash, I had inadvertandly ripped out the part of the loom that goes to the reversing light and the diff lock light, thankfully I have managed to sort it out.

What I'm curious about is where the sensor is for the handbrake light? I have had a look in the Haynes manual but it only shows a sensor on early vehicles and not a 1983 model. I'm not sure what the gearbox is but it has a bloddy long gearstick and 5 speeds, the difflock is the good old 6 position one beside the handbrake. Is this a LT77 box?

Graeme

The message from rads contains these words:

Reply to
Graeme Lornie