Rangie spotted

Saw a nice tricked-up black Classic in London the other day, complete with snorkel, suspension lift and tinted windows.

Not unusual, apart from it had blue flashing lights on the inside and was attending to an accident - it was an unmarked police car. Wonder if they take it laning at weekends?

David

Reply to
David French

Was the rangie tinted to the front windows? as the fuzz round here ( North Wales) have started a mega clamp down on tinted front ( not windscreen) windows. This started because some woman got off killing a guy as she claimed she did not see him due to the Voyager she had just bought had been tinted by the previous owner. hell of an excuse but she got off with it - apparently!

Reply to
StaffBull

Can you clarify?

Do you mean tinted driver / passenger door windows?

This, AIUI is not an offence, but IANAL :-)

Reply to
Mother

Twas Tue, 06 Apr 2004 09:56:08 +0100 when Mother put finger to keyboard producing:

As I understand it you have to have x% of light able to pass through the windscreen.

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk
110 CSW 2.5(na)D___________________________________________________________

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Yes, but I'm not sure how this is relevant to door windows?

Reply to
Mother

Yes the front driver and passenger windows are only allowed a 25% tint wich equates to naff all - most new cars come with close to that anyway. Most tint films begin at 50% which equates to "light smoke" 75% "dark smoke" and

100% is "midnight".

I've had a quote of £200 to do the Disco - I'll get round to it once the decorating is done and the drive is tarmacced and the shed is finished and the garage is built........................extension done..............etc, etc

oh why did I buy a Landie? if I'd have bought a run of the mill motor i would not have this mad urge to spend a small fortune on it..

Reply to
StaffBull

It's a different percentage. The windscreen must transmit a % of light through, and the drivers/passengers side windows must also transmit a % of light through. Rear windows, and rear side windows are not affected.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

You've only just sussed this? Most of us have had this statement pinned on the office / workshop / kitchen wall for ages...

I'm half expecting Nikki to be wearing a cross stiched T shirt with it on too :-)

Reply to
Mother

in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Mother at "@ {mother} @"@101fc.net wrote on 7/4/04 10:16 am:

"Why did I buy a Landie" or "Who fanices a spot of naked green laning"

Reply to
Nikki Cluley