Reliabilty Survey Results

Thanks to all who posted details of their vehicles.

I have disregarded the Australian entrants with the Isuzu engines - Sorry Steven and JD.

Highest overall milage was recorded by a 1970 2286cc diesel with an amazing

420,000 miles recorded - Steve G

Highest 200Tdi was entered by Beamendsltd with 230,000 miles

Highest 300Tdi was entered by D. young with 166,000 miles.

If these milages can be beaten then let me know.

It was also interesting to see that there were some people who have had nothing but trouble with their engines. I guess they were built on a Friday !!!

Stu

Reply to
Stuart Adair

I had a 1999 TD5 disco with 116k on the clock when I got rid of it. I believe it has around 175k on it now.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

Mate of mine has 220K or thereabouts on 300TDi 1995 Discovery. All original except gearbox and water pump. Still a very tidy vehicle, just some minor body rot setting in.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Quite apart from what day of the week engines were built on, results will be very dependent not only on maintenance but on the type of driving and driving style. Engines of all types last a lot better when driven mainly on long trips, and will also last better if driven sympathetically and in a dust free environment by a driver alert for any signs of problems - mind you, this type of driver will also report a lot of problems, even if minor.

Pity you decided not to include Australian contributors, though. If you use the argument that these engines are only available to some readers, you should discount those engines never sold here, or those engines never sold in the U.S., for example. JD

Reply to
JD

You raise good points. I never included the Isuzu engines as I really wanted to see what the Landrover built engines were like. It should be said that I did get details of an Australian Isuzu engined Landrover with 800,000 Kms on the clock.

Stu

Reply to
Stuart Adair

Gees, I didn't know there _were_ a variety of engines for a paricular model !...I thought mine was just the 'standard' 2.49 "300 Tdi" Landrover engine. .....How do I tell what 'engine' my 1997 300 Tdi Defender has ??

... frodo.

Reply to
frodo

Mmm! I notice no V8's on the study?