S3 SWB rear springs query

Well, at least it is the same both sides. I would leave it as is after confirming that all bushes and shackle pins are unworn (I assume you did this anyway). Also, do a short run or two with the shackle pins loose enough to allow the bushes to centralise before finally tightening them. I would suspect the slightly lower setting is due to manufacturing tolerance of the (non-genuine) parts, but I don't think it is enough to worry about. Just a final thought - do you have extra weight in the vehicle that would not have been there when built? (either it was not completely empty or has built in additions) It would not take much to depress the springs six millimetres. JD

Reply to
JD

Is this the kevin frost from newark? Drummer ?

If not, ill get me coat ...

Jason Hall

--

Jason Hall

Jason

You need to get your coat (never, ever been to Newark)...

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Frost

Ummmm... I have to admit we didn't check the upper shackle bolts/bushes , only replaced the bottom bolts etc. Bearing in mind the state of the removed bolts and springs (very worn), I will make sure I check the upper shackle bolts before too long.

There was no extra weight in the back at the time of measurement. That said, as far as I can ascertain, the landy was not originally built with a safari type body (which it has now - added before I purchased), just a truck cab.

Thanks for the reply.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Frost

Coat suitably addorned, *leaves in shame* ;)

Reply to
Jason Hall