[slightly off] recycling brake fluid

No, I'm not planning to re-use it myself!

Thing is, I've had a few sets of brakes to bleed recently, resulting in about 2-3 pints of bled-off fluid.

Last time I went to the dump I forgot to take it with me, but asked the chap down there. "Oh, just pour it in with the oil, over there." was the response. It reminded me of the time they tried to tell me that Nife cells were the same as lead acid. No protestations would do it, and eventually I left them in the battery 'cage' with a note attached to them.

So what challenge is a brake fluid - oil mix going to present to the recyclers? What do they do with spent engine oil, burn it, crack it, or dump it?

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

Use it as fetish lube for NIMBY ramblers.

;0)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D