Stupid person of the week award goes to..

ME.

05.00 I got up to start my day, after my morning routine I head off to walk the 1/2 mile to my pick up point. I get there at 05.55 , 5 minutes early as per usual and sit down in the bus shelter in the centre of the village to await the lorry.

Clang, clang, clang, clang, clang went the church bells and after an agonizing wait no more clangs. Five clangs, not six clangs the church clock must be wrong. WRONG.

Guess which muppet had missread his clock ,not one but at least 6 different timepieces, and had got up ang gone to work one whole hour early?

Go on guess, if you can.

- Rory Manton

- Oh gods , why me? 'COS YOUR A MUPPET.......

Reply to
Rory Manton

A mate of mine got up for work after putting the clock forward 1 hour when he should have put it back clocked in at 4.00 am instead of 6.00 oh how we pissed ourselves

Andy

Reply to
Andy.Smalley

Twas Wed, 8 Sep 2004 07:29:55 +0100 when "Andy.Smalley" put finger to keyboard producing:

I was once working 12 hour shifts, I was knackered at one time and went to bed only to wake up about 20 minutes later and look at the clock "s*1t I'm late!" it was winter so dark outside so I thought nothing of it, the land rover had just demisted as I reached the first roundabout 5 miles away and I noticed (I don't recall how) that I had not overslept but had only been in bed for 20 minutes...

luckily it was such an unearthly hour no-one saw me.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

I enjoyed being a student. I bought my first Land Rover (with my wages from my placement year) and played Bass Guitar in a band. It was an ace time ..... apart from all that studying stuff they made us do.

My final year project had to be handed in by 15:30 on a Tuesday. I went to bed on Saturday night but was up by 8am on Sunday and stayed up until 4pm on the Tuesday after handing in the project (which had a year's worth of work condensed into about 6 weeks.) At 4pm I crawled into bed and fell asleep.

A few hours later I woke up and glanced at the radio alarm clock. It was 7:05. Excellent! Just in time for The Archers, so I switched on the radio.... and heard the Today programme. It was Wednesday morning. Apparently my housemates did try to wake me up for our "end of project" beer session but I wouldn't stir.

Judith

Reply to
Judith

I think most students do that!. I've never slept so well as i did after i handed my final years project in! I slept for just over 24 hours too :)

Reply to
Tom Woods

Didn't sleep properly for about 48 hours after my finals - too much Coke and Pro Plus.

OTOH I managed 18 hours of oblivion after last years MENCAP National Rally. I must be getting on!

Richard

Reply to
Richard Savage

Was it worth going home for an extra cuppa? I managed the trick of turning up an hour early (on purpose) last winter, to realise that I had forgotten the building key. Home was 20 minutes' drive away, so it was almost exactly not worth going home, and I had to sit in an icy car park and wait for the other keyholder to arrive. To make matters worse, the work I had come in early to do was inside the building, soi I couldn't even get on with it in the car. Arse.

Rich

Reply to
Richard Brookman