Tdi clutch..............Help!

Just fitted a 300tdi lump to a early 110 (previous engine 2.5 turbo diesel) and she's on the button and drives lovely bar one niggle, the clutch biting point is very low. It changes gear and doesn't drag when selecting reverse but it's biting only a couple of inches from the floor. We've repeatedly bleed the system and adjusted the pedal box as much as possible but its still very low. Currently were running the old slave cylinder (on the original LT77) but would we get more throw from the later R380/300tdi slave?Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance

Lee

Reply to
Phantom

an old trick i have used before is to stick a unf female brake pipe nut in the end of the slave cylinder, gives it a bit more push!

Hope this helps Icky

Reply to
the ickys