The Money Pit moment!!!

...where the bath goes through the floor?..you must have seen the film??!.... I had that moment yesteday while standing looking at my RR. I couldn't help but laugh at the growing number of things to replace, repair, weld, tighten, bodge....the list increases by 2 every time I get

1 thing done!! I've now taken to doing jobs in the dark in an attempt to try not to notice anything else, wifey just walks past shaking her head and wondering why I'm laughing while lying under it on a cold, dark rainy night trying to hold a hammer with frozen fingers and battered knuckles!! Tell me I'm not the only one please.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Wheatley

May I recommend for your comfort an all weather boiler suit - from Anchor Supplies. These ex-military Gore-Tex 'all-in-ones' are just the ticket for the months to come :-)

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

..mmm thanks, we have an Anchor nearby, I assume they come in sizes for the 'ample gentleman'!! not just stick-person sized. :)

Reply to
Dave Wheatley

Yep, although obviously I didn't need one that large... ;-)

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

On or around Wed, 08 Oct 2003 12:59:46 +0100, Mother enlightened us thusly:

I take it they come in XXXL size, then?

(seriously, looking for probably 54" chest)

Reply to
Austin Shackles

They very well may do. I however, could not possibly comment :-)

You'll be fine with the normal 'L' size I reckon. The only thing I really can fault is that the legs seem frightfully long. My guess is they're designed to be put on over full battle combats - (there's a lot of room inside), but why such long legs?

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Anybody remember the wartime jumpsuits? The flying crops ones with the really low crotch, at the knee level? Could this be somehow related?

Ie. Soldiers have large c**ks, or really long legs or something?

Alex

Reply to
Alex

A stereotype that no soldier in their right mind would challenge!

I'm sure there's a more logical reason though - dunno why ;-)

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

You've just got short legs Martyn:-)

Reply to
Nikki

Nah, He's just evolved into a bloke whos always on his knees..."Charlotte...I've seen this really nice open top cruiser.......well yes it is green........Oh Ah NO...put the rolling pin down (assumes position!)"

;-)

Lee D

-- Project Percy - Jaguar 4.2 and Auto in to Series IIa 88 see it @

101Ambi '76 / IIa - Percy '64 / Rangie TD '90

alt.fan.landrover hall of fame -

Lee_D