Discovery Brake Switch Interlock Defeat?

Is there any way to defeat the brake switch/transmission interlock on a 1996 Discovery? I've had the light bulbs go out, a fuse go out, and the brake switch go out, all of which has rendered my car immobile. All easy fixes too, provided you can actually DRIVE to the parts store. I'm used to American cars where you can click the key to the accessory position, shift to nuetral, start the car and go about your business.

Anybody have an idea? Thanks.

Reply to
WTFritsch

Erm....the 96 Disco has a start inhibitor if this happens? I always thought it was just a switch on the P and N positions on the selector? Lacking brake lights etc just stops the cruise working properly....I thought. Having owned Piglet for nearly 5 years I think would have noticed if he wouldn;t go if a brake light had failed.....erm.

Reply to
<metalthrasher