Value of an S3 88" - I'm about to try and sell one.

Just got my S3 running, so am trying to sell it (Wife won't let me keep 2 Landies and a Rover at the moment - nowhere to store them)

Anybody want to give me a guess what a decent price for a S3 88" station wagon (I think - 2x2 bench seats along the outside of the rear, windows on the sides of a hard top) would be?

It's in decent nick - has MOT until Sept 05 and tax well into the new year, just had the rear diff replaced and taken for a run - seems to be fine.

I'm going to check all that's checkable, but it seems to be a good little motor. I just prefer my Disco.

2.25 petrol engine, no Overdrive fitted. Has side steps and a towball - I'll throw in a Dixon-Bate type adjustable height hitch with it if that makes any difference to the price.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

I'm in the market for a cheapie S2 or 3 got any pictures Paul?

Nope!

Contact me direct please?

I want a series motor to tinker with, but i dont want to re-build the thing!

Not to me it wouldnt!

-- Subaru WRX (The Bitch)

Range Rover Classic (Monty)

__

Reply to
Nige

Hi Paul, I hope this doesn't depress you.

I have now been advertising my Ser2a for 4-5 weeks starting at £1750 and now down to £1400 and still with not so much as a sniff of an offer. Perhaps you'll have better luck. Take a look at

to give you some idea.But at this rate it'll be broken as I am losing patience and need the space. Good luck with your sale, but you could ask anything from £800-£1800 sorry, no hard rules you may have to test the water as I have.

Regards, Roy.

Reply to
LR90

I reckon about a grand. All depends on the state of the chassis and bulkhead.

You'll have to come up with a better excuse for selling though. I've met your missus and I don't reckon she'd make you sell a Land Rover, any more than mine would. Nag, yes. Inflict pain, definitely. But MAKE you? Nah, where's the fun in that....

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

I have been looking at old landrovers for sale recently (need a second one as a toy and to do hard work with) looking at the thousand pound mark loads of S3s and even a few early defenders

Pete

Reply to
Highbeam

Comment from 'er indoors:

"You *ARE* getting rid of that land rover. I need my chrissie presents and that's paying for it"

I may be doomed.

God help me if she figures out what the Disco could buy if sold.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

This is a late S3 - Y Reg, so I'd suspect vaguely in that territory.

It appears to have had a fair bit of work done - new exhaust and such like. Fitted with FWHs (Were they standard for late S3s?) and the chassis is in decent condition - I've spent large chunks of the last 2 weeks beating the hell out of it with my head and haven't dislodged anything other than mud.

What in particular should I be looking at on the bulkhead - there's nothing obviously rotten, but I wasn't really looking too hard.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

1980 is that? who cares how does it work?

This reads a lot better than anything I have looked at. Put your price up higher condition matters more than age after all. I would consider making an offer myself but just spent all my sheckles on the Disco. Now I need to sell the 2 VR6 Corrados' to raise funds for the next hack (before I dare put another vehicle on Emmas' drive would be nearer the thruth)

Are you after a quick sale?

Pete

Reply to
Highbeam

Not desperately - I'd like to move it by the new year, but other than that no particular hurry.

If I get a decent offer in the meanwhile I'll sell it, but I'm not planning on doing anything silly like punting it at a couple of hundred quid to move it.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

I sure you already have thought about it, but have you tried ebay, not too much to advertise it, and you never know what you'll get, just put a decent reserve price. I just sold my 2a for £2500, it did have galv chassis, but still more that I expected. Cheers, Andrew

Reply to
AndyT

OK. Piccies are now up at

Be warned by the way - the original images are 6MP and 1.4meg each - the scaled ones are a bit smaller.

Having had a look it looks like the bulkhead was replaced in the not too distant past - I'm judging this by the paint and whotnot on the inside of the car - blue hammerite over the inside of the dash in places, and the fact that it looks pretty solid.

If anybody wants photos of specific bits of the car then let me know.

Had it out for a run today. It's been too long since I drove a car without power steering, and that was an Allegro, so half the size of the S3 and skinnier tyres.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

On or around Tue, 23 Nov 2004 14:29:28 +0000, "Paul S. Brown" enlightened us thusly:

Series LRs are a hoot to drive, I find. driving around sister's BF's farm in his very-shagged S3 pickup last summer with a big grin on me physog.

'ere, is this the one you got for nothing, or wasn't that you?

Love the number plate, BTW. Not too far from cacky, which is close to the welsh for "shit".

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I thought that!!!!!

LOL

-- Subaru WRX (The Bitch)

Range Rover Classic (Monty)

__

Reply to
Nige

looks OK, mail me direct again matey. Just reading another post is this is the freebie one??

If not no matter, if so, I'll pay you cash tomorrow £200!

-- Subaru WRX (The Bitch)

Range Rover Classic (Monty)

__

Reply to
Nige

That's the one.

That thought had occurred to me as well :@)

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

It wasn't nothing - it wasn't much to be sure, but it sure wasn't nothing - towins ain't cheap round here, and EP90 and diffs ain't free either.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

No, true, but you'll have to give me some kind of value to you!

Nige

-- Subaru WRX (The Bitch)

Range Rover Classic (Monty)

__

Reply to
Nige

Unfortunately I'm a mercenary sod at heart and really want to sell it for as much as I can realistically get.

Given what I'm seeing for motors in slighly worse condition than this I'm probably asking for £1000-1200 for this one - I think it's worth it.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

On or around Tue, 23 Nov 2004 22:09:40 +0000, "Paul S. Brown" enlightened us thusly:

I wasn't casting nasturtiums. Just that it's a very tidy looking vehicle, for one that was being given away, more or less. If you make pennies on it, more power to you.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

OK,

I've just bitten the bullet. This motor is now up on Ebay.

if anybody is interested

Paul S. Brown