whiny P38 & Another Question

My 4.0 seems to be getting whiny in the transfer case... I can't remember how it sounded when I got it.. Serious? What's the worst this may indicate?

Also, I just found that the manual says to NOT leave the Cruise control on all the time- whoops, I've just left it on for, let me see now- yes, 2 YEARS. It still works- but have I hurt anything?

Thanks chaps (& chappettes)

Reply to
Natalie Drest