92 Lexus ES300 v6 Oil Leak

Toyota / Lexus Techs please help...

I've been working on sealing up oil leaks on a '92 es300 (3VZFE v6). So far I've replaced both front and rear value cover gaskets and distributor o-ring. Now I hope I'm down to the last leak. It is where the "?oil filter housing?" meets the block. I'm not sure what this gasket is called and can't seem to find anything on it.

1) Is it a gasket or FIPG? 2) One of the bolts looks very tight to the exhaust, will I need to pull the exhaust manifold to get this thing out? 3) I see 3 bolts, are there more up under the filter that I can't see?

I've got a couple pics of what I'm talking about at:

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Steve

Reply to
sdcbh

Are all those gaskets leaking? Have you made sure the PCV system is working on this engine?

Ed

Reply to
Ed White

Yes, PCV system is working. Gaskets were dry and hardened. From what I've read, it's not uncommon for valve covers and distributor o-ring to start leaking over time on this engine. Now I've got one last leak. It's the part that the oil filter mounts too. Need the name of it so I can search to buy a gasket.

Reply to
sdcbh

With the help of a very kind person, I was able to find the info I needed. The part that mounts to the block is actually an oil filter bracket that allows the oil filter to mount approx 6-8 inches to the left of the hole in the block. There is a rubber o-ring for the bracket.

90301-68004 GASKET, OIL FILTER BRACKET

-or-

90301-68005

There are 4 nuts on studs that hold the bracket in place, and the exhaust manifold did not have to come off to get it out.

Reply to
sdcbh