a/c blower stuck on high 99 GS400

I have a 99 GS400 and the cabin fan has decided to stick on high. It doesn't matter what settings you select, auto, manual, low, high....it run on high. If you select a warmer temp, you get a warmer temp...on high.

Changing the fan speed with the buttons shows the correct reading on the display, but doesn't change the fan.

Any ideas?? I'm stumped.

Reply to
Erik Cole

This is Turtle.

Here is a long shot here. A lot of these controls are done by the main computor of the car. Take the battery post off for 5 minutes and let the computer reset. This is the same thing as rebooting a PC when you have trouble. A example of this is when a car now days the air conditioning compressor cycles more than 100 time in a set length of time on low pressure or freeze control. The computor will cut the compressor off and you have to take the battery post off to reset the computor to rest it to try to run again.

It's a long shot but worth a shot and only takes about 5 minutes to see.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

Turtle is right in wanting to re-set the computer to see if it will help. To clarify, I think he means to say take the battery cable off of the battery post and wait 5 minutes or so before reconnecting the battery cable. Furthermore, although taking either battery cable off of the battery will work, most people will remove the positive cable (the red cable).

I do not know if Lexus uses the same system, but on my Ford pick-up, this is a common problem and is caused by an open resistor in the circuit that controls the fan speed.

Regards, SF

Reply to
sf/gf

This is Turtle.

Yea, i looked back and I did not explain it well. Sorry about that.

The ideal come from a Import car fellow that told me that most of the Lexus and Infenitys ''computors'' controlled most all the systems of the car. When in dought of if it controlled it or not , just pull the post on the Battery. OOOPPP seee Done it again. I say Remove the Positive post.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE