Changing the transfer case oil - 2002 RX300

I'm having problems locating the fill plug for the transfer case. I believe I've found the drain plug (just off from the transmission drain plug). I found both the drain and fill plugs for the rear differential. This looks easy except that filling the oil may require some flexible hose and pump - there is no room to pour the oil into the fill plug. Any suggestions?

By the way, I'm planning to use Mobil 1 Synthetic 75W90. Is this oil acceptable for an RX300?

Thanks!

Reply to
dasawyer

The RX 300 does not have a transfer case; it has a center differential. You can access on-line access to the factory service manuals at techinfo.toyota.com.

Refilling differential fluid requires a flexible or L-shaped nozzle and a pump.

Synthetic oil is OK to use, however, use only the weight and type specified in your owner's manual. Some use ATF instead of gear lube.

Reply to
Ray O

Reply to
dasawyer

Obviously, the drain will be somewhere on the bottom fo the differential, and the fill plug is generally somewhere on the side, about halfway or 3/4 of the way up.

Reply to
Ray O