ES 330 Fuel Requirements

Hello,
I am considering an ES 330. Just one question, what grade of fuel is
adequate in this model? The Lexus web-site says regular unleaded, and the
dealer says 91 octane. Anyone had any experience trying different grades?
Thanks for your help.
Rich.
Reply to
Rich
Ours will run ok on 87, but even my wife says it doesn't drive as well on 87. I gave up and put the good stuff in now. I should try a tank to see if the 89 is ok.
On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 03:53:16 GMT, "Rich" wrote:
Reply to
Bob Muse
The manual actually says to use 87. That's actually the selling point on this. Most vehicles the ES330 competes with (Cadillac CTS, etc) require 91. I have been using 87 and it works great!
Reply to
Dan J. S.
Thanks to all for your information. It will make the decision to go with the ES 330 that much easier. Rich.
Reply to
Rich
Just wondering why anyone who owns a new Lexus would be concerned about a couple of bucks difference in a tank fillup. I read one response on that point and was dumbfounded. If saving a couple of bucks per tankful is a real perk, then those people should buy a Toyota instead and not worry so much about the fuel cost.
Reply to
Steve Larson
Previously in alt.autos.lexus, "Steve Larson" proclaimed :
I own a Harley and you'd be amazed at how many people bitch and moan about spending about $10 more for synthetic oil. Dude, you just spent $20k on a bike and you're complaining about spending $10 more on oil?
I had a friend that owned a Ferrari and he did nothing but complain about how much he had to pay in high octane fuel and the lousy mileage it got.
Well...DUH...if you have to be concerned about how much a car like that costs to maintain, you can't afford one.
amazing...
People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs. -Unknown
Remove "die spammers" to email
Reply to
wideglide01diespammers
In article , snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net says...
It's a Lexus, not a Kia. If price of gas is a consideration, get a Camry.
By the way, I just bought a 2004 ES 330. My decision was based on built quality, mechanical reliability, and prestige.
Reply to
<joe
Have you noticed any hesitation in the transmission on the 2004 ES 330 yet ?
Would love to get one but am concerned by the numerous complaints by other ES 330 owners. Would love to know if they fixed it for 2004.
The Duke
Reply to
The Duke
If I had to guess, I'd say the ECU "update" they provided for the 2002-2003 ES drivers was the production version in the 2004.
Reply to
Steve Larson
Due to the high prices, I have been running for months with 87 octane. Seems to run fine, I think a little sluggish when punching, but with this wierd transmission, you get built in delay anyway.
Reply to
Stephen Keown
Just Bought A Used BC 04 Es330 & Every OthervTop Off of Fuel Gets 93 Oct.& 87 Oct.the Other Top off & My Combined Mileage Is Almost As Good as Hwy.Mileage & Power is Just as Good As Strait. 93
Reply to
Ed.Cain
Just Bought A Used BC 04 Es330 & Every OthervTop Off of Fuel Gets 93 Oct.& 87 Oct.the Other Top off & My Combined Mileage Is Almost As Good as Hwy.Mileage & Power is Just as Good As Strait. 93
Reply to
Ed.Cain

Site Timeline Threads