LX470 Drivers Seat lumbar support - how to improve?

Anybody share my gripe about the LX470 Drivers Seat lumbar support?

My 99 LX470 Drivers Seat really could use more (positive / convex) lumbar support. It just doesn't adjust to a very positive/convex degree, and my average-build lower back would appreciate more support.

By comparison, the seats in our other vehicles (96 GMC truck, 04 Sienna) DO have good lumbar support.

I believe that Lexus may have designed this seat for the "95th percentile" LX470 buyer - a person who fits the typical affluent middle-aged American shape profile, meaning with extra girth around the midsection. The seat might feel good to that person, but not me.

I'm tempted to take the seat apart and add some material to the lumbar support area myself. Anyone done this with this seat?

Many thanks in advance for suggestions / info.

--

Reply to
Bob H.