Need source for replacement drivers seat.

Drivers seat is shot!

96 king cab pickup truck.

where can I find a source for buying replacement drivers seat?

I found lots of seat covers but not many seats on the web???

TIA

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Same here.

-Bob

Reply to
Bob

Salvage yard?

Reply to
Jim

I have a list of salvage yards I'm calling today. Auto shops and performance shops only sell the racing style seats. Not for comfort! I've had this used Nissan 96 pickup for 1 month now and the seatback is to low. Cuts right across shoulderblades. It didnt bother me until after a couple of weeks of

60 mile daily commute. One of my questions is how difficult is it to adapt seats from another make to fit my nissan????

Thanks

Steve

Reply to
Steve

I'll bet Pathfinder seats would fit in it and be more comfortable.

Steve wrote:

Reply to
JimV

It depends upon your expertise, tools available, metal cutting and fabricating equipment, and hardware. Not all seats and seat mechanisms are the same between vehicle makes, and even between different models of the same makes. Bolts and bolt holes may be spaced differently, requiring drilling new holes, and/or constructing adapter plates, etc. I am not sure that the Pathfinder seats will bolt right in, but the PF is built on the PU truck chassis.

I have a 97, 4x4, ext cab PU, and it's not a vehicle I like to take on long trips. I'm constantly changing both seat and seat back positions, my seating angle in the seat, and moving the loose cushion behind my lower back, every 50 or so miles.

Reply to
Bill Schnakenberg

My '93 King Cab has high seat backs that are very comfortable for my

6ft 3 >Steve wrote:
Reply to
Rebel

Reply to
REMOVETHISidlafie

Success!! Spent friday in a salvage yard found in one of the below links. In Shirly Mass. I installed a seat from a 95 pathfinder, leather, adjustable lumbar support lever and a lever that lets me angle the seat base back. Looks like it had a heated seat also. I'm wondering if I can just run a fused power line to the connection to have heated seat????

Looks like Nissan has two anchor designs, one with 15" from bolt to bolt and another with 18", bolt to bolt.

Found many seats that were similar to the original that was in my 96 king cab PU. Problem was that my seat was not broken, it was uncomfortable so I needed something different!!! So I agonized over putting in a leather drivers seat. (also more money). Deciding factor was the additional adjustments available on the leather seat. I need comfort!!! Plus I'm sure it's a better built seat? more support? (260 lb fat shit here!)

Oh yeh, list price was $250 I got them down to $150

I installed right in the parking lot. Now I drive and see if this is an improvement. I didnt notice a problem with the original seat for about a week.

Thanks for the advice!!!

Steve

Reply to
steve