IS200 Oil Filter Access

After 3500 miles,, I thought I'd give my IS200 an early oil change after the initial running in was out of the way..

I was able to change the oil, but had to give up and leave the old filter in there. I can just about see it, but couldn't find a way to touch it, let alone unscrew it. Is there a trick?

NB - Mines a right-hand drive automatic BTW, in case that makes a difference. I don't have access to a car lift or ramp, so can't get really underneath the car - is this the problem?

Reply to
Bob Huntley

Go buy the filter. You should see it is able to accept a large socket fitting on the end. Take the filter to an auto store and get the socket that fits snugly. Then use your socket drive to remove the filter in your car.

Reply to
John

Thanks, I've already got the filter. Will try and get a socket over the next few days.

Reply to
Bob Huntley