Protecting paint on bumpers of my new car?

I am planning on buying a new car soon. I live in an urban area where I have to park on the streets quite often. These days bumpers on new cars are painted and the paint quality on new cars seems to be getting worse. Only a month after buying my last new car, the bumpers had many chips and scratches on the paint from careless drivers who park in front or back of me. For my next new car, I want to do everything possible to protect the paint on my bumpers. I thought about getting that clear bra type of material (I think 3M makes it). Is this effective in protecting paint on bumpers? Any other treatments or products that work? Thanks

Reply to
Sanjay Punjab

I use bumper stickers-applied after scratch or scrape. Check out Pep Boys, etc. for a selection of self adhering protective stuff.

Reply to
Jeff Tamblyn

mmmmmmMMM, clear Bras -- what a concept!

Father Guido ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ I plan on living forever... so far, so good

Reply to
Father Guido

Velly interesting...

Scott in Florida

Reply to
Scott in Fla

Watching reruns of Laugh In? His name is Artie Johnson.

Reply to
max-income

yup...

Great show that stands up even today!

Scott in Florida

Reply to
Scott in Fla

It's a clean sweep - you got it all wrong.

Arte Johnson didn't say "velly interesting", he drew "very" out so it was "veerrryyy interesting".

Reply to
Gus

Reply to
rebuck