Paint protection film ?

Just purchased a new vehicle and the dealer had a folder describing a clear film that can be applied in frontal areas to eliminate the normal dings, scratches, etc that appear over time. Dealer doesn't install, done by another shop. Anyone have any experience/comments/whatever ? Sounds like a good idea if it really works. Thx Zork

Reply to
Zork

My Acura dealer asked me if I wanted this protection installed on my new car, I was already spending too much so declined, after all it can be applied anytime.

Reply to
I. Care

Car paint is pretty sturdy by itself, but it could hurt (if it doesn't damage the finish like some miracle stuff)

Reply to
El Bandito

I'd suggest you don't put a film on the paint at this time - it really is still drying, and hasn't reached full hardness. If your concerned, take it to an auto paint shop and have them spray some more clearcoat on the front.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt