questions about gas mileage, warranty, and dealer service

The listed HWY MPG for my is 300 is 20mpg. I assume that is at 60mph. Any idea on what mpg is at 100mph?

The 30,000 mile service costs $650. Is it advisable to get this despite the very high cost since my warranty is will run out in a couple months, so they could find anything wrong with it now?

What is a good way of finding a shop that is as good as the dealer?

If you run your car hard and fast, does the oil need to be replaced more often? Right now I do every 5,000 miles.

Should I use synthetic oil?

Reply to
alegremente

On 5 Aug 2005 16:40:02 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com graced this newsgroup with:

your mpg will be less and your ticket costs will be more

go to any independent ASE certified technician and they can do the service for less. If they find anything that's under warranty that's bad, you can go back to the dealer and get it fixed.

on second thought. get your 30k service done at the dealer.

yes

Reply to
nospam