Re: Battery Replacement for ES300

I have a 2002 ES300 purchased new 4½ years ago. I realize that batterys are seriously affected by summer heat and I am considering replacing the battery now rather than wait for a problem to occur. The current battery is original equipment. Can anyone recommend a good replacement battery? Is there any problem having the work done at a local repair shop rather than a Lexus dealer? Thanks.

Alan if its cranks over easy in the cold i would waite. i changed my original Honda battery after 6 and a half years. if its a maintenance free battery its usually a sealed unit and you cant check it. however if you have the ones with the caps that come off you can check it internally by using an inexpensive $6.00 battery gauge. take off the caps found on top of the battery and using the battery gauge dip it in each hole and extract the fluid. it should read somewhere on the gauge "fair or good" if it reads fair your wise to change it. many people i see tend to leave it until the last moment or when there stranded. if you ask me these people are not only dumb & hard headed but in doing so they dont realize there taking life away from the alternater by overworking it and in some cases damaging it! right after a new battery goes on the car. and as far as a good battery to use theres interstate,sears, i got mine from wallmart it was a duracell and when you do decide to replace your battery make sure to clean up the battery terminal wires and place a thin coating of grease on them & tighten them down and you might need the "radio code from the dealer to make it work" ;)

Reply to
johnin