Re: Transmission oil change

I have a 2000 ES300 and I skipped the dealer recommended transmission oil

>change at 30000 miles.

Why not skip engine oil changes too? The Journal of Irreproducable Events printed a study of industrial equipment that was never maintianed vs> equipment that was maintaned to spec, there was very little difference in lifespan.

Reply to
MCAS NV

The Lexus owner's supplement manual only mentions changing the differential oil at 15K intervals under certain driving conditions, and does not mention a frequency for Transmission oil changes.

I changed the ATF on my 2000 ES300 recently because it looked very dark. Cost at Lexus dealer: $190 (this was NOT a Transmission flush)

What does the Transmission oil look like in your car?

Reply to
Iona Camry