replacement tires

Currently on our Lexus ES300, we have P205/60R16. We found a great deal on P215/60R16. Will we do any damage by replacing our tires with the new ones?

Reply to
Curtis Frazier

The 215 refers to the width of the tire across the tread (215 mm). Whether or not you can go from a 205 to a 215 depends on the size of the rim on which you are putting the tires. A rim of a given width will have a range of tire widths it can accommodate. You have to find out what the size of the rim is. It might be engraved on the rim somewhere. You can then look up the tire on the manufacturers web site and see what size is allowed on that rim, or else ask the tire store.

Reply to
Gregg

I replaced the P205/65 x 15's on our '92 LS with P225/60 x 15's on the stock wheels long ago with no problems. Significantly better grip and the aspect ratio change means the speedometer is still accurate. Increasing width without changing the tire height and keeping the aspect ratio the same will screw up the speedometer accuracy since you will end up with taller tire and hence make the speedometer "pessimistic".

I run BFG Touring T/A's in the 149 mph speed rating (forgot the letter) and they do fine. Good wet/dry grip, not too noisy, good wear, not as nice a ride as the Eagle GA's, of course, but I was willing to trade performance for ride. Do not buy Pirelli P6000 Sport Veloce's. They are utter junk. Had them and hated them.

Go look in Tire Rack for customer comments.

Reply to
GRL

performance

Reply to