ES330 tires

2005 LEXUS ES330 Standard with a manufacturer's standard tire size of P215/60R16 This vehicle has an optional size of P215/55R17

What does it mean?

I found 55R17 is much more expensive. Which tires should I use? 55R17 or 60R16?

Thanks,

qq

Reply to
quickcur

Here is a pretty basic explanation of what the various numbers mean.

You should use p215/55R17 (17 inch tires to fit the wheels on your car. The standard size tire will not fit your wheels.

Reply to
Ray O

I guess you got stuck with the same lousy tires that I got. You got the optional 17" wheel with the "performance" tires that can wear out in as little as 20,000 miles. When I bought my Lexus ES 330 I thought that a 17" wheel is probably better than a 16" wheel (the 16" is standard and the 17" optional), and normally that would be correct. But in this case, the

215/55R17 size is very limited (only about 3 major brands make that size) and they charge quite a lot for those "performance" tires that wear out so fast. But just think, they are rated to be able to go about 130 mph. Which I, of course, do every day with my ES 330 racing car on the city streets and freeways. Al
Reply to
Al