Toyota's Lexus division Nov 2008 car sales down 40%, trucks down 26.9%

Lexus Division

Lexus passenger cars reported November sales of 8,941 units, a decrease of 40.0 percent from November 2007. Passenger car sales were led by the ES entry luxury sedan with November sales of 4,116 units. The IS entry luxury sport sedan reported combined sales of 2,749 units. The LS flagship luxury sedan reported combined sales of 1,272 units. The GS luxury sport sedan reported combined November sales of

721 units.

Lexus Division light trucks recorded November sales of 7,282 units, down 26.9 percent from the year-ago month. Lexus sales were led by the RX luxury utility vehicle, which posted combined November sales of

5,850 units. The RX 400h hybrid luxury utility vehicle reported sales of 624 units for the month.
Reply to
johngdole

This is stunning news, considering how well all the other manufacturers are doing these days. Any other sales statistics for us, john?

Mercedes is offering 3.9% financing, and BMW is so desperate they'll maintain the car for you for free for four years if you'll buy one.

Not to worry, john, I've just bumped the Lexus figure by one for December - I'm picking up my new GS350 next week. Black on black, AWD, and Mark Levinson. It's gorgeous, and it sounds great, too! Nicest dolled-up Toyota I've ever owned. I can hardly wait!

Reply to
DaveW

Go Dave! Post a picture when you can.

GIga