2MB ADSL for 24.99 only

Saw there advert in London Metro paper and was gobsmacked at their offfering of 2MB ADSL at 24.99 exc. vat.

Get PrimeTime 2000 now and enjoy its blistering 2Mb service for the same price as PrimeTime 1000. That's just £24.99 (ex VAT) per month (£29.36 inc VAT) for a service that delivers 4 times the performance of many well-known 512K services at the same price.

Offer only applies to new customers for orders placed from 17 July 2003 to

31 August 2003 (inclusive) and is subject to availability and survey. Bulldog's standard Terms and Conditions apply. 12 month minimum term applies. As at 1 September 2004, the then prevailing Primetime 2000 price will be applied to your Service. Offer not available to existing customers.

--------------------------------------------------------------- Win a Dell Laptop worth over £1,500

abby.s

I looked at 2MB ADSL for some clients. Not many exchanges can supply it.

BR Don C

In article , abby.s writes

Reply to
Donald Campbell

Also it doesn't apply in peaktime (obviously) - add =A315 to get that.

Andy

Reply to
Andy

Manx Telecom do a better deal. They will hook up a mainland address provided you can give them an Isle of Man postal address. Not practical for most of us I know, but it gives an idea of how much margin other companies are working on.

Btw whats this got to do with car maintenance?

Also it doesn't apply in peaktime (obviously) - add £15 to get that.

Andy

Reply to
David

----------------------------8<

Why were you so surprised to see your own advertising?

Reply to
nog

Do you have any evidence to back up that allegation?

Jon

Reply to
Jon S Green

abby.s enlightened the world by saying on 26/07/2003 18:17:

They also "forget" to mention that only a small subset of ADSL enabled exchanges can get this...

Reply to
Mark Gillespie

Actually pretty much all exchanges are fine for 2Mb. The issue is how far you are from the exchange and the quality of your line.

Expecting to get 2Mb for such a low price is not realistic though. The deal being referred to in the subject is not straight forward.

We offer 2Mb/s for home and business users. We don't seek to compete with those offering the service for less than it costs to provide though.

Jason Clifford

Reply to
Jason Clifford

There was a suggestion made recently by someone in another newsgroup that instead of the tinyurl taking you straight to the masked URL, it would instead take you to a web page with a link to the real URL, which you clicked on, maybe with an auto-divert 5 seconds later or something (giving you a chance to stop the transfer).

I think that's a feasible alternative strategy.

Andrew

Do you need a handyman service? Check out our web site at

Andrew McKay

Yes, the OP is spamming but how do you make the connection to Bulldog? Most probably an affiliate if there is such a thing ? Googling for the OP's email address produces references dating back atleast a couple of years so they cant plead ignorance of netiquette. It does not however make a case for them being employed by or representing Bulldog Communications.

S. Althaf

Reply to
Clueless

How is "represemting" distinguished from being an affiliate? To answer Jon's question, I have no evidence to back up the allegation, only the basis that the OP used an unmistakable style. Call me a cynical ol' git. :-)

Reply to
nog

Well, the original question was why the OP was surprised to see their own advertising indicating a much closer relationship than an affiliate. However pedantry aside I do agree that the deal looks good but I had already signed up for 2 lines for an experiment on bonded links, also with the new list of exchanges they have announced

(over 450)they are not limited to the South East anymore. S. Althaf

Reply to
Clueless

takes you to a holding page prior to the destination URL whereas
takes you to the destination directly.

S. Althaf

Reply to
Clueless

Working for Broad band I have seen some companies offering 2meg BUT it is also offered to 4 other people at the same time. The theory being that you won't all use it at once, so you could get up to 2meg, but only guarantee 500k.. its called contention ratio's

"abby.s" wrote:

Reply to
Mr Ben

On ADSL, as I understand it, typical contention ratio for a business service is 20:1 and for domestic 50:1

i.e. you may share your 512K broadband with up to 50 people simultanesously

Certainly this was the state of play when I took up broadband 18 months ago.

Reply to
Jeremy

Advertising - the tinyurl redirects to

which in turn redirects to the shitty ISP website

I wonder if dgm2.com has a policy on spamming Usenet.

Reply to
dev

I advise exsisting customers to demand the same price. If they refuse, cancel and re apply as a new customer.

Reply to
Julie

I call it a confidence trick!

Reply to